Friday, August 15, 2008

Beautiful Father/Daughter Trip...




From Ken to me last night over email:



"So I'm trying to teach Maddy how to be lady like. To say the least I'm meeting a little resistance. The quote of the trip so far was a few minutes ago as we were leaving Ruth's Chris after a great meal. She of course was leading the way out. I tried to get around her in time to open the door for her, but she busted through it before I could get it. Afterwards I tried to explain that it was the man's job to open the door for her. She replied, "I like to open doors myself to show how powerful I am." Truer words were never spoken. Like mother, like daughter. Love ya, Me"


Oh wow! All I could say was that I have been praying for the generational sin to stop with me! What a precious girl. What a precious dad. What a blessed lady I am. I just thought this would make some of you smile (and others of you pray!)

1 comments:

The Burtons said...

hi friend- this definitely made me laugh. what a beautiful picture of your daughter!- I love her short hair- she's starting to look less and less like a little girl and more and more grown up. so did you ever find a cleaning lady? cuz i know a great one. :o) Love you with all my heart and can't wait to see your face.