Friday, May 27, 2011

Puzzle pieces...


Today was such a neat day.  I interviewed for a job with an organization that has a super-great ministry! 

My heart was literally overwhelmed with peace and filled with joy at the thought of working there. 

All of a sudden, many of the little, strange parts of my experience... like puzzle pieces were all coming together to form something I hadn't been able to see before.  It was like I had a giant puzzle that was full of beautiful scenery - in patches - but had many pieces missing... and all of a sudden whole areas of the puzzle were becoming filled in - revealing even more beautiful landscapes than I had been able to distinguish from the hole-ridden puzzle only moments before.  I hope that makes sense. 
I have been asking God to use me for the purposes He created me for.  He knows me, inside and out.  He knows all of my areas of weakness.  He knows all of the circumstances that have come into my life.  He knows all.  He designed me.  He put passion inside my heart for things - and He alone knows how to bring it all together. 
Prayerful consideration is where we are in "the hiring process".  We are praying to see if God reveals any "red flags" over this next week - giving Him the freedom to say "no", or "wait", or anything else He wants to say.  And, I am at complete peace.  That is only by the Holy Spirit.  I have never felt like something was such a perfect fit for my "bents".  You know, the way you are "bent" as a person.  The things that you love.  The things that bring life to your soul and revive your weary heart. 
Today I allowed my heart to fully engage in the "dream" of what could be.  What a sweet time it was to believe for the things that God has placed in my heart.   And tonight, I hold my hands high - filled to the brim with that same dream - and offer it right back to the One who has the authority to give or to take it away.  And peace like a river attends my way...  Rich streams of mercy flood my heart and I am enraptured by the One who is worthy of my praise.   I would rather live in the (faith-stretching) abundance of God than in the insecure place that comes with trusting in my own plans - or ability.  He alone can bring together a perfect fit. 
Tonight my heart is full of adoration and praise.  Tonight I rejoice that He is faithful and I am His beloved.

0 comments: